Saturday, July 23, 2016

Kawaii Sea Creatures Pattern And My Favorite Daiso Findings Part I

The weekend is here which means a new pattern is up at the shop! Meet my adorable baby sea creatures! It was so much fun making them and I hope you'll love making them for yourself or for loved ones too!

The PDF file contains 5 patterns, a step-by-step photographs of basic embroidery skills you will need to use, a step-by-step tutorial with full color photos of how to make each of these adorable babies and material list. I promise it's easy as pie! Turn these patterns into anything you like... from bookmarks (exclude the filling), key chains, hanging ornaments to an adorable baby mobile or garland! It's entirely up to you <3


I turned this pattern into this garland/banner...and so loving the colors! I used a single cotton strand to connect the little animals and the pompoms. The wooden pole is 35cm long. I like how it blends with my white wall...kinda looks like they're floating!


Now the second topic I would like to talk about are some crafting materials I found at a bargain that I would love to share with you where I bought them.

This heavenly place I love to buy some of my crafting materials is at the Japanese megastore called Daiso. You see that wooden pole? Daiso. The sparkly pompoms? Daiso. The great part of it is that every item inside that store costs at a flat price of MOP$15 in Macao(I believe in US it will be around $1.50US?) Some bigger items have different prices..but as long that there is no price tag, It means it only costs MOP$15. Its a great bargain! But Daiso Macao is by far the most expensive from all countries..in my opinion. I guess It's due to the high monthly rental...

The tentacle beads of this little octopus girl were also bought from Daiso. A set of 6 colors at MOP$15.



Daiso is filled with so much crafty stuff. And it requires a bit of patience to look through every shelf as you might find interesting things. The quality of its product are acceptable...some are very worth buying and some, well... don't last very long. I wouldn't recommend buying felts from Daiso, although they're washable they tend to develop lint balls. If you are a beginner in felt craft, maybe considering purchasing them might be a good idea. You can practice on them first before switching to a much better quality ones. If you're a professional crafter and sell your products to the world, you might want to invest on higher quality felts and cotton threads from a better source.

Another tool I love buying are these water soluble pens. They come in blue and in red. The good side is that they ONLY disappear went they have contact with water, the downside is that you can't notice it on dark fabrics. In that case, I love using the silver color UniGel pens. These water soluble pens really last... I remember having one that lasted me a good 5 months with no pen cover on it!


The only thing I find pretty disappointing about Daiso is that the items takes an unbelievable long time to be restocked. If you need a particular item really bad because you ran out of it, your chances of getting it again are very slim. So If you come across an item, but you still have it at home and you use it alot, my advise is to buy it right away!

There are so much more I would love to share with you all, but let's leave it to the next post :)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!