Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Carol's Journal Week #5 + Life Updates After Typhoon Hato

Hello everyone! Hooray for 1 month of Kawaii Journaling!





Pardon the blurry pictures. I have no clue why they come out so smudgy if they looked perfectly fine doing editing. If you have tips on how to remove the blur please share it with me <3!


I'm not sure if you are aware of the mega typhoon that targeted Macau last 23rd August, 10:30am. If you follow me on Instagram, I shared a few clips on my story feed of this terrifying event. Just wanted to stop by here and tell you all that me and my family are OK and we are doing well, thank God! No damages were made on my windows that day but the destruction beyond the borders of my apartment were unimaginable. The event was frightening.. I've never in my life been through such scary moment. There was even a brief moment that I feared for daughter's, cats and my own life! Just imagine the blasting winds strong enough to cause my building to sway... A horrifying experience if you are living on the 18th floor! My husband wasn't around at that time as he was away for his monthly business trip, so I pretty much felt helpless and petrified to be there alone with my little one and cats  who were obviously all terrified. Not to mention the monstrous sounds around us... Doors slamming, windows crushed and smashed, the ghostly howling of winds...definitely a experience to always remember that's for sure! And not to make the situation that I was in any better, my phone battery went flat, I had no idea where my backup power bank was and the electricity and water supply had been cut off completely!

When the typhoon had slowly faded I still had no contact to the outside world. I have no idea how was the rest of my family members were and I still had no sort of communication until 9:30pm. No water and no light...my neighborhood was recovering in pitch black so I had no absolute idea how bad was the damage. All I could hear were the sirens of police cars, ambulances and fire trucks... so yeah... just the sound of that all together was enough to draw the picture. 
The night was still unsettled. My daughter was still traumatized of the scary event so it took her awhile to fall sleep... as for me, i'll not deny that I was still scared. It was still raining with occasional winds so the thought of another typhoon haunted me all night.

As the morning came, the first thing I did was peak through my window to find a neighborhood that was once lush green and clean to a horrifying war zone scenario. It was as if I landed in a totally different dimension in space, more like a script from 'The Wizard of Oz' where Dorothy landed in a strange land after the hurricane.
Generally, the whole city was pretty chaotic. I went down to Macau after a few days to find a jaw dropping scene of streets filled with hundreds of uprooted trees, apartments with shattered windows, local businesses who's doors have been blown away and never ending piling of stinking and rotten garbage... undoubtedly, a sad scene to watch where once a city full of life took place but I have no doubts that Macau will recover soon. 

My water supply came back a few days ago and we are now getting all back on track in life. Just last Sunday we went through another Typhoon but ,thankfully, it wasn't as strong as Hato. There was still lots of rain and strong winds but at least there were no more additional damages.
 I'm also back to my normal routine. As the new school year is already around the corner, me and Lara have been doing some school revisions and I'm back mailing my orders. I have already did some pattern tracing and free projects to post soon so keep an eye on my next shop and blog update!

Hope It's sunny and warm where you are! Much love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!